"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, February 23, 2008

No Child Left Inside

I let my kids play outside. My neighbors do not let their kids play outside. It makes us all so sad knowing that they are cooped up inside, in front of the tv. I realize it takes effort to open the door and breath in fresh air, but the alternative stinks--literally :)!

Harmony Art Mom is starting a series for those of us (ME!) who are nature-study-inept! With very simple instructions, we can follow along and add a bit more order to our outside time.

That sounds so yummy to me. I'm one of those people who grew up in front of the tv. So I've never really had a clue how to get "into" nature. You won't find me camping and playing with bugs, but my appreciation for God's creation has really grown and I love it more and more everyday!

My "Handbook of Nature Study" (it's now available free online here!) has been collecting dust too long! I'm on it now! Care to join me?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got done saying that you and I have a lot in common when lo and behold...I just ordered this book two days ago! Too funny!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I grew up on a small farm and there was hardly a day that we were inside; except for when we had to go to school:( As a kid being outside in the fresh air was priceless for me! Now living in a subdivision, I try to look for every opportunity to interest my children in nature. That's why we choose a cul-de-sac lot which backs up to a woods.

Blessings, Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89