"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, February 22, 2008

Tags

I got tagged today...and that reminded me that I had been tagged a little while ago (and totally forgot! Sorry Lisa!). So here are both responses. First, a reading meme.

The rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people.

The book I'm reading is "Mark's Story", by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It is from a series about the gospel writers. Really good so far!

Here's the sentences:
"And He also asked us, 'Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket or under a bed? Is it not to be set on a lampstand? For there is noing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light."

Now, I realize that since the author is quoting Jesus, I might as well have chosen the Bible, so here's another book that is our family read aloud. I couldn't write from pg 123 because it was non-sense so I chose the last of the sentences we read last night from "The Lamplighter", by Maria S. Cummins (1854).

""Are you afraid to see me die, Gertrude?" asked Mrs. Sullivan, an hour before her death. On Gertrude's answering that she was not, "Then turn me a little towards you," said she, "that your face, my darling, may be the last to me of earth." It was done, and with her hand lacked fast in Gertrude's and a look that spoke the deepest affection, she passed away."

Now, on to the 5 (useless) things about me meme. I'm pretty sure I got hit with this one a long time ago, but here's a fresh perspective:

The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself with pictures.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

(or you can let them find out reading your blog!--I just added that part! :))


1. I love jar candles.
2. Someone put a dead mouse in my desk drawer at work once. She had forgotten that I had the authority to fire her. She wasn't around much longer. Not because of just the mouse, but her mean spirit made her impossible to work with.
3. I yearn to learn to play the cello.
4. I have actually prayed my son will become a chiropractor-heehee! :)
5. I knew I would marry my husband the second he confessed that he had been pining for me without my knowledge.

So there you have it. I don't have any pictures to share today; maybe in the spring when I'm not so pale and the sun is shining!

Rather than tag ten, I'll tag five and let you choose (if you choose to play) which meme you prefer to answer! :)

Dana @ Simple Gifts
Joni
Renae
Jennifer
Melissa @ Bright Star

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I just did the book meme, so I'll add the other list to my bookmarks. I like to space these things out a bit. Although your idea of doing two at a time is good. Now why didn't I think of that? :)