"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, February 01, 2008

Winter Reading Challenge


Yeah! My first reading challenge! Reading in this house really isn't an issue, but I'm excited none the less. If you want to participate, be sure to go over to A Joyful Heart, and sign up.

First off, I'll list the Bible. I plan to continue with reading the whole Bible. I started a while ago, so I'll just continue. I hope to finish by the end of the year, but I'm not too concerned about racing with this one! I hope to at least get through Psalms and Revelation before spring.

I've never really been a plan-ahead reader, so I'm not sure how specific I can be beyond a few authors and series that I know I'll read, so I'll start here:

"King's Arrow", by Douglas Bond
"Rebel's Keep", by Douglas Bond
"Seventh Day", by Bodie and Brock Thoene (if I can get it from the library before March!)

"Song of Redemption", by Lynn Austin
"The Strength of His Hand", by Lynn Austin

"The Edge of Darkness", by Tim LaHaye & Bob Phillips
"Luke's Story", by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

"The Scarlet Thread", by Francine Rivers
"The Scribe", by Francine Rivers
"The Prophet", by Francine Rivers (reading now)

Can you tell I like reading about people in the Bible?! Duh!

Lamplighters I have and am ready to read aloud to the kids:
"Little Faith"
"A Peep Behind the Scenes"
"Winter's Folly"
"Legend Led"
"The Lamplighter"

We are always reading a Lamplighter! I'm committed to reading the whole catalog! Love them!

From here, I'd have to pick up the Truthquest History guide and see what we'll read aloud for history like...
"Away Goes Sally", by Elizabeth Coatsworth (reading now)
"Johnny Appleseed" (Sowers), by David Collins
"John James Audubon" (Landmark), by M & J Kieran

This is just barely the tip of the iceberg, if you're familiar with Truthquest. I've just listed a few highlights that I'm looking forward to! I'm sure we'll read more aloud.

My non-fiction choices, other than the one listed above, usually come from a momentary need to investigate something! I'm not sure that I can plan for that. I can tell you I'm interested enough in homeschooling, homekeeping, and gardening, that there will probably be some titles on these topics like...

"The All New Square Foot Gardening", by Mel Bartholemew (which will actually be a re-read, but needs to happen SOON so I can plan my garden!)

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Looks like a great list!
Thanks for a lovely afternoon and evening!