"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Decisions

Thank you, dear friends, for your comments, calls, and prayers. Our family celebrated Valentine's Day last night and husband and I had plenty of time to talk about everything that's happening. In some way, I was hoping husband would make the decision for me, and in some ways he did.

Husband's main reasoning for pursuing the issue and seeing to it that this man stay in prison, was that if he had found redemption, or was in any way remorseful, we would have heard from him sometime in the last 20 years. That very fact, and all of the other meaningful arguments regarding consequences, have given me a peace about willingly helping the prosecutor.

It's all still yucky though! I want you to know, husband offered me my hot fudge sundae, but it was too cold, so I substituted a peppermint hot chocolate (lowfat of course) from Starbucks. It made it all better until that whole "scale" thing in the morning.

Now, this parole thing doesn't come up until August, so I have lots of time to dwell on it. The thought, though, that God may have another purpose for this will keep me sane. I'll "dwell" on it, but do so in Him.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Very insightful of dh! I'll keep praying! Especially that it doesn't plague you until August!

P.S. There's a reason I don't own a scale! Enjoy your hot chocolate! To the scale I say, Boo Hiss!