"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (on Tues! 2/12/08)

I'm late with my menu plan. Last weeks plan ended up a draw pile. So many things came up to throw us off track. We're hoping this week will be an improvement.

Last night I entered a grocery store for the first time in months. We finally have a 2nd car again. Now, it's back to that drudgery that I have so enjoyed having the husband do for me. I wonder if he would still do it? Maybe if I cook him some really good breakfasts and dinners--and maybe throw in some homemade lunches for the office?

Breakfast
Wed-Johnny Cakes, sausage, clementines
Thur-Instant Granola, yogurt, bananas
Fri-Cinnamon Nutmeg French toast, oranges
Sat-Walnut Waffles, yogurt, apple slices
Sun-Orange Nut Muffins, sausage, pear slices

Lunch
Tue-Macaroni & Ham, baby carrots, strawberries
Wed-Raman Noodles w/Egg, peas, applesauce
Thur-Turkey/Cheese Quesadillas, Green Beans, clementines
Fri-Sunflower Seed Butter** & Jelly sandwiches (fresh homemade bread) carrots, applesauce
Sat-Texas Style Chili, cornbread, fruit
Sun-Leftovers

Dinner
Tue-Walnut and Rosemary Anglehair Pasta, Mixed Veggies, applesauce
Wed-Grandpa's Fish (which we didn't get to last week!), Broccoli, fruit salad
Thur-Spaghetti, garlic bread, corn, apples
Fri-Chicken and Prosciutto Roll-overs, green beans, pears
Sat-BBQ Pork Roast, cheesy mashed potatoes, applesauce
Sun-Leftovers

**In case you're wondering, Sunflower Seed Butter is in place of Peanut Butter because of son's peanut allergy. It is a GREAT substitute and relatively easy to find at the grocery stores now.

I'll try to post more recipes soon. In the mean time, let me know if anything looks good and I'll post the recipe!

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Everything looks good! You're putting me to shame, girlfriend!
How's the breakfast thing going?

~yolanda said...

Love your Biblical principle fo 2008!

Sonshine said...

looks like a yummy week!

remember this is just a plan and plans can easily change so don't beat yourself up too much for last week's plans ending up in the "draw pile". Just think of it as you have a few extra meals that you can have at a different time cause you have the things on hand.

Enjoy the rest of your week!