"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, February 29, 2008

Have You Ever Stumbled?

Recently I switched browsers from IE to Firefox. Firefox is a bit different and requires that you actually add in the features you need, rather than have a billion pre-loaded that hog your computer and make ugly faces at you when you are trying to work! Anyhoo...

I happened upon an add-on called StumbleUpon. It's a little program where you enter your particular interests; say art, homeschooling, gardening, books...and it puts a button much like a random blog button on your menu. Then you go stumbling. Almost every time I have hit the button, it's come up with the neatest sites! Of course, with anything internetish there are risks, so caution is advised, but I haven't seen anything bad yet.

It gives you the option to give each site a thumbs up or down, and it records your preferences as bookmarks, and your dislikes as items to steer clear of in future stumbling. I've already shared a couple of goodies with you here and here. And here is some more really neat things I've stumbled upon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this. Very cool- I downloaded it. I found cooking by numbers. You select what you have in your fridge and pantry and it tells you all the things you can cook with it. you have no idea how much i need that right now!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey, yeah, I'm on there! I don't spend time actually stumbling, but I do like to submit sites there, and see what my friends liked. So what is your username? I'll add you as a friend. :)