"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Comlete Week: 2/3/08-2/9/08

Our entire last week is a blur. We've been rather busy battling colds and the usual unexpected distractions. Here we are, I didn't get this posted, yet the week is done, none the less!

Daughter is almost through with her introduction and memorization of the first 29 phonograms in her Spell to Write and Read (SWR). She is loving it and doing so well at it! Flashbacks of her brother have crept in, though, as I've watched her mentally sprint, while physically lag. In other words, while she's been excelling in her learning, her pottying on the potty has taken a temporary set back. Accidents. I know this pattern, and it does help with the anxiety.

We tackled a bit of Samuel and King Saul this week for Judah Bible lesson (Year 3, Theme 3, Wk 1). Yes in deedy! The people wanted an earthly king. Isn't it amazing how even today we find ourselves looking to "officials" rather to the Lord. All the answers must be found in government, but can't possibly be solved in a relationship with God! Son tackled some tough questions like:

#1: Why did God give them (the grumbly, never-satisfied Israelites) what they wanted?
#2: Why didn't they realize they were volunteering for slavery?
#3: What would you being willing to give up to get your way, rather than God's?
#4: Why did they see men as heroes of battle, and not God?
#5: How do we learn to trust in the Lord for all our victories?

We are still going to work on this lesson, as we didn't quite get through it all. Bible lessons are never something we hurry!

Our math time is starting to get challenging and I believe we are coming to the end of our "practice" time. We are beginning to see some new concepts creap in and are ready to hit them head on. I'm going to really attempt to focus more on learning "together" and try to remember (Lord, help me!) to examine and include any Biblical principles that we see in the math. Since I'm a practical person, I've thought of writing a reminder across son's forehead, but alas...I don't think I'll go there!

I'll try to have a more complete update this coming weekend.

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

The Accidents can be so frustrating, but it's good that you can so clearly the root issue. I'll be praying for greater grace!

Renae said...

This is a good idea. I've been very frustrated with the amount of work we accomplish. If I viewed everything we did in a week instead of the few things we get done in a day it might help. Sometimes I miss the big picture.

Also, I've enjoyed reading about your JBC lessons. I've been debating using it or Walking with Jesus next year. I haven't figured out if you are helping make my decision easier or more difficult. :)

Peace to you,
Renae
Life Nurturing Education